Always Stay With You (Continuous Story of Annie)

“Annie, it’s time for you to get out of bed. Do not think it’s your day-off so you can sleep all day. Your brunch is ready.” Called Mom from downstairs
“Okay, I shall be there in few minutes.” Replied Annie as she gets dressed
Annie walked downstairs in tiredness. She sits on the couch and turns on the television.
“Here is your meal. I have to go to the market to buy tonight’s dinner. I left some food in the refrigerator for your lunch. I shall be home little late today because have to attend many places for house bills.” Says Mom
“Okay, good luck on your work.” Says Annie as Mom walks out of the house
“Today, I have a tea egg again. This is because our grandparents from the countryside sent us a box of organic food. There are so many food and dozens pack of eggs. We gave certain amount to our neighbors, friends, and relatives because we couldn’t eat it all. Leave it aside will turn rotten which is waste of food. Therefore, have one egg a day will take weeks or even months to finish a pack of eggs.” Thought Annie
As she watches her show; she looks at magazines and comics afterwards. In the afternoon, she is hungry again so she decides to look in the refrigerator for food.
“There is a meat. I don’t know how to cook it well. Besides, I do not like meat. Maybe, I shall boil an instant noodle instead. Luckily, there is a big cup of instant noodle with a pack of flavours.” Thought Annie as she prepares to boil the noodle
Minutes later, the noodle is ready. Annie begins to dig in. During eating, she thought of Jordan.
“I still feel so lonely that Jordan had to leave to other province for work. I really hate seeing close people leaving my sight. This feels like my life lost someone I loved and feels so lonely. Same goes for Rachel and Allan who left to another province. Mark and Kisa had to travel around to perform their talent shows. Carlos moved to live with our aunt and uncle’s house to study in his favourite school near their location. Mom is busy almost every day. For me, I just stare at the walls and had nobody to communicate. I hate seeing close people not be on my sight. I hate this loneliness. Jordan is being sort of irresponsible for what he said. He left me behind and work in long distance area. I really want to communicate with people face-to-face. Like my friends, Rachel and Mark, who could be with each other traveling around. Maybe I shall go outside and explore.” Thought Annie
Annie takes a brisk walk outside. Then, enters a park and sat on a bench to look up at the sky, trees, and birds to relax.
“This relaxation might help me forget the loneliness.” Thought Annie as she lays her head back to relax
Minutes later, Annie overheard someone talking on a phone at her bench. There is a man sitting on other end of the bench talking on his phone.
“This is not a problem. Just remove all the stuff from the room. Too heavy is not an excuse. Just try your best to remove all of it. Don’t be lazy; I don’t want this to be like this. Now, he left so the agreement sheet and stuffs have to be organized. I always did so many hard works when I was in the countryside. Stop being a lazy person and give excuse. Just do the works. If you don’t, I could still do heavy works happily even you are not around me. You didn’t even come to the Buddhist temple training when I introduced it to you. You just want to do your own stuff. Do you want to succeed or not?! Then, do what is correct for life.” Says the man talking on the phone
“Looks like that he has to take care of many works. A country boy is so energetic. I'm curious experience living in a traditional society as peace.” Thought Annie
“I didn’t make this happen. He left in a rush. People have to clean out the room for space to rent. If you want to live in a life as I, you have to do those works. Jordan and his friends just played too much and left too many rubbish in my place.” Finished the man
“He said ‘Jordan’ before? Is that Jordan the one I know?” Questioned Annie
“Jordan invited his friends and relatives over so often. They had so many parties and celebrations. That roommate is fun but he left without cleaning out the room which is irresponsible. Jordan, Mark, and Allan all left; their belongings have to be sent to their close ones' house. If you planned to live at the countryside, you have to deal with this situation.” Says the man
“I bet he is talking about Jordan, whom I knew. I should ask him what is going on.” Thought Annie as the man hangs up
“Excuse me, you know Jordan Tang? The one who works for a company called Environment Organization?” Asked Annie
“Yes, you know him? He is my roommate who just left in a rush to Shanghai.” Relied the man
“What happen? I overheard he left enormous rubbish in your house.” Asked Annie
“Let me introduce myself first. My name is Tommy Huang. Jordan, Allan, and Mark are my roommates. They often bring people around and celebrate for many events. Usually, I had hard time sleeping from the noise and their snoring. Now, they move out in a rush without cleaning the room. Now, I have to call their family or friends to get their belongings.” Explained Tommy
“Sorry about that. I apologize for him because I’m Jordan’s girlfriend. My name is Annie.” Introduced Annie
“Nice to meet you, Annie. My habits are different from those city individuals. Because we continue using traditional ways to do almost every activity. In face, you don’t have to apologize for him. Whoever caused the problem, that person has to apologize face-to-face.” Stated Tommy
“You are so different from the men I have seen. We could be friends since we both know Jordan.” Flirted Annie
“Do you like fried noodles? There is a noodle stall over there.” Asked Tommy
“I don’t like fried food but noodle is sort of fine. Most street food are not clean.” Says Annie
“I know that boss. I could tell him to put less amount of spice and MSG. I will buy it for both of us.” Recommended Tommy
“You don’t have to do this. We just met. It’s not good to let new friends pay one's bill.” Says Annie
“This is how we greet new friends. Also, I don’t have any plans to do with the leftover money.” Replied as he goes to the noodle stall and orders the noodles
“He really is a nice and manly man. For me, he is unique. Country boy is perfect.” Thought Annie
“Here is your box of noodle with vegetables. It has light spice. Same as mine since I don’t like heavy spice food either.” Says Tommy as he hands Annie the noodle.
“Thank you. I heard you were talking to someone on your phone saying he or she didn’t go to the Buddhist temple. You are Buddhist?” Asked Annie
“Yes, I grew up in Buddhist temple. I trust spirits and followed whatever my master says. Such as keeping the world peace.” Replied Tommy
“What a coincident! I’m also Buddhist. Just started learning and think the master is correct about the current society movement.” Excited Annie
“That’s perfect! We can get along very well from the same faith.” Smiled Tommy
“We can learn together. Which temple do you attend?” Asked Annie
“The one in Taichung.” Replied Tommy
“I also go to the one in Taichung. This is a big coincidence!” Excited Annie
They chat for a while in excitement about the fun shows in Taiwan and Henan. They even talk about Annie’s relationship with Jordan and how she desires living in countryside.
“I’m glad to communicate with you about these interesting topics. By the way, why you didn’t go to Shanghai with Jordan since he is your boyfriend?” Asked Tommy
“He has to work every day; he won’t be able to be on my side that much. He didn’t want something bad happen to me in strange areas so he wants me to stay here for safety and said he shall be back after 3 months. Then, will be with me.” Explained Annie
“He is being sort of irresponsible for not bringing you with him. It is common that people have to leave for work. I know how you feel when close ones leave you. Everyone wants their loved ones be with them to avoid being lonely. Indeed, it is the reason why I prefer communicate with individuals face-to-face. Furthermore, you could learn lessons from the Buddhist temple about human life, to see what you should do to live normal life without loneliness. Primarily, I had depression before. After learn about happiness, I worked on my hobbies and slowly overcome the negative feelings.” Claimed Tommy
“You are ambitious. try its best to avoid negative parts.” Says Annie
“I shall be going back to the mountain soon in Taichung. That time, I shall be on training at the temple.” Says Tommy
“I also want to go since there nothing to do at home. My goal is to train myself to be energetic, then my mind can accept the current personality.” Requested Annie
“That will be awesome. Will contact you in a week when it is time to go.” Suggested Tommy
(Next morning)
“I should get up now. Why mom did not call me today?” Questioned Annie as she walks downstairs
At the living room, mom is not there. However, there is a note on the table. Annie picks up and read. It says:
“I left some food for you in the refrigerator. Shall be back after a week. I will be going to your aunt and uncle’s house to see Carlos. Be safe and watchful of fire when you turn on the stove.”
“I forgot that mom has to leave today. Should have asked for some pocket money. Well, the house will be lonely for a week. Now, I should go outside because staying home is boring.” Thought Annie
At the street, Annie enters a bookstore to see any book about Buddhism.
“That self is a religion section. Reading is interesting. Going to buy this one because has significant details and fair price.” Thought Annie as she pays the book at the counter
After buying the book, she goes into a store for her breakfast. There was a queue of people waiting. Then, she sees Tommy in line.
“Hello, Tommy, what a coincidence! You are also for breakfast?” Asked Annie
“Yes, this restaurant has a discount this time. It has 50% off on dumplings. With their coupons, there will be more price drops. By the way, we can sit together since there will be more discounts for referring a friend.” Suggested Tommy
“Good idea. Let’s wait.” Replied Annie
5 minutes later, they were called and sat in a table.
“The waitress is almost coming here pushing a chart of food. What food do you want?” Asked Annie
“Let’s see what they have. She’s here.” Replied Tommy as he looks at a chart of food
“Excuse me. I want this, this, that, those, and that one.” Says Annie as she orders her food
“I want this. Here are the coupons.” Says Tommy as he hands out the coupons
“Thank you for your order, enjoy your meal.” Says the waitress
“Wow, seems like we are having a buffet. You are a man so can you help me finish some?” Asked Annie
“I cannot eat too much meat because I am vegetarian.” Replied Tommy
“That is great. Seems like I have to finish all these and do excessive workout to lose weight.” Joked Annie as they eat
“I have a question. What makes you like Jordan?” Asked Tommy while they are eating
“He is nice and hardworking man. He calmed me down whenever I was sad. Remember the first time he brought me to the roof of a house and look at stars. It made me forget the negative emotions to find happiness. Moreover, glad he could be with his relatives again from their separation. There is a long drama. Also, he is talent on singing and dancing.” Replied Annie
“What did he do that made you love him?” Asked Tommy
“Did many helpful works for everyone. Especially, he continues his father’s company to protect the environment and help disabled individuals. He said ‘I love you’ to me with his big courage. It took him so much effort to say these 3 words. ” Replied Annie
“This sounds like you loves him instead he loves you. You loves him because of his actions and background which touches you. But this doesn't sound like a true love. More like you wants him to show he has feeling for you but both of you don't seem to understand each other's personality.” Stated Tommy
Annie suddenly feels gasp inside.
“Tommy is right. I really feel that I like Jordan’s work instead his personality.” Thought Annie
“Does he like you at first?” Asked Tommy
“I liked him first from seeing his amazing performance. He treated me as a friend and usually help my problems.” Says Annie
“What are negative things you didn’t like about him?” Asked Tommy
“Well, I really hated that he never said 'I love you' to me. I was avoiding to talk to him because thought he didn’t love me. After a few weeks, he finally said it from the help of our friends and family.” Replied Annie
“You love him because of his wonderful performance. He didn’t say he loved you. However, he says it from the help of his friends and family. These sounds like you didn’t like his personality and he liked you from someone else’s help. More like dating without seeing what we are doing.” Claimed Tommy
“He is right. Jordan didn’t say he loved me and just wanted us be friends. I loved him from his actions instead personality. Is this my incorrect romantic choice?” Thought Annie as she freezes
“You don’t have to listen to my opinion. If you like him, nothing matters.” Says Tommy as he continues to eat
“Maybe Jordan is not my love. Rachel and Mark left with each of their lover. Jordan did not say he love me with heart. He loved me from our friends and family’s help. To be honest, I like his amazing shows and actions. Didn’t know which part of us match. Is this the wrong relationship? Did I love the wrong man? Does this loneliness deals with the relation failure by dating without seeing internally?” Thought Annie seriously
“Okay, we are finished. Where are you going after this?” Asked Tommy
“Oh, I have nowhere to go. It would be good to hang out with friends.” Replied Annie as she wakes up from her mind
“I shall go for a walk to digest the food from my stomach. Then, I go to the temple to help the people clean the areas.” Replied Tommy
“We can go together since I have nothing to do today. I also want to help the workers.” Says Annie
“Great. Let’s go for a little exercise.” Says Tommy as they exit the restaurant
“Tommy, I found you are so unique from others.” Claimed Annie
“Why is that? Which area am I unique to you?” Asked Tommy
“When you stand, you usually move your two foot almost together touching each one’s toe. You often sit 90 degree angle. You often bow and respond to every questions. Dress unique with diverse styles. And more parts.” Explained Annie
“People should do whatever that feels comfortable for them instead focusing from what their surroundings think. If what they did is helpful for itself and others, it is not consider sin.” Answered Tommy
“That is true. You are really so deep in Buddhism. Should learn from you.” Giggled Annie
“You said you also started learning. You can be like me in short-term.” Cheered Tommy
“You are so cute.” Flirted Annie
“I shall go to the mountain in next 2 days. The camp is 3 weeks. Suitable for you?” Asked Tommy
“That shall be fine. I want to learn more about nature.” Answered Annie
“Great. By the way, you are reading a sutra text? I see you are holding that book on your hand.” Asked Tommy
“I just bought this book. There is many interesting texts. Curios to live at the countryside living a life with no stress.” Recommended Annie
“I plan to return back at countryside later on in life. You could explore around.” Says Tommy
“That’s wonderful. I want to see how people live in traditional society.” Excited Annie
“Individuals often have different etiquette and used their traditional language.” Explained Tommy
“I loved it. It is my goal to experience.” Says Annie
They chatted for a while. 2 days later, they pack up their luggage to leave for the camp. Tommy picks her up and walk together to the mountain.
“My friend, Hill, is planning to live at the countryside because life in the city is too stressful.” Says Tommy
“Is he the man whom you were talking to; last time, on the phone?” Asked Annie
“Yes, he is practicing how to do heavy work.” Added Tommy
“Sounds like a training. I should practice to live like a country girl.” Suggested Annie
“We are here now. This is the temple where I come to learn. Let’s do cleaning in the kitchen.” Requested Tommy
Annie and Tommy wiped, washed, swept, and carried boxes. Then, they go to other places to work.
“Doing those chores are exhausted. Have to take a rest.” Exhausted Annie as she sits on a stone seat
“Doing up to here is nothing. I could still keep it up. When I was in Buddhist school, everyone volunteers to keep everything clean and perfect. This is practicing our mind to clean the environment for convenient.” Says Tommy and then Annie giggles
“He is energetic and cute. Feel my heart beating fast whenever I think about Tommy. Is this real love? This feeling is different from Jordan. Could he be the one whom I was looking for? Maybe I shall learn more from the Buddhist monk about human nature.” Thought Annie
“It’s almost time for class now. Let’s go.” Says Tommy as he takes Annie to class
In class, the teacher is teaching about human life. She says:
“Everyone should respect their caregiver. They raised us up and turned us into adult which is a hard job. We understand their feeling until we turn into parents. They yelled at us means they care about us and love us. They just want us to be a better adult. If we think they are annoying, it is wrong to stay away from them. They are teaching us to be good. If they talk to us nicely, we might not listen. Indeed, learn to listen to respect people who cares about us. The more harsh way they do to us is more effective. Everything is difficult to achieve. The more easy way is less effective which cause another problem. For example, writing down notes and read; is hard but it is helpful because notes can be saved forever and improve our writing skills. On the other hand, using electronic devices can cause bad eyesight, lost materials if it broke unexpectedly, or cause bad air pollution. Fight the laziness. Parents already know this so they treat us very strict. Have the intelligence to see what is right. If they are too strict, learn to manage them and show them what is good for each of us.”
“I have a question; parents show their love to us by yelling and strict requests, then what about finding a true love?” Asked Annie
“To know whether the person loves you, you could follow these methods. See through his personality. If you are wasteful, find the one who are watchful and often save things. If you are noisy, find the one who is quite. If you want him to be with you, find the one in your local area. However, if there are some unmatched behaviours, you two can live happily when there is love. This is to represent both of you have each other in its heart. The best way is to be together for a while and see whether each one of you really love each other.” Replied the teacher
“Jordan and I didn’t get along. We are just like friends instead couples.” Thought Annie
After class, Annie wants to understand about love.
“Annie, your room will be in room 6 and my room will be in room 4.” Says Tommy
“Can you show me where is it? Want to know where is the dining room, washroom, and lobby.” Asked Annie
“Okay, let me show you around.” Requested Tommy
(Showing Annie the rooms around the temple)
“Thank you, I shall wake up early tomorrow for training.” Promised Annie
“Have you let your parents know you will be here for few weeks?” Asked Tommy
“Yes, I left a note at home that I won’t be home these weeks.” Replied Annie
“Okay, we have to clean the yard now. Remember, our temple prohibited electronic devices and has no signal. We have to use our own hands to live here instead distracted by phones. There are two brooms over there to sweep the leaves.” Says Tommy
“Here are the brooms. I will sweep this area.” Says Annie as they sweep the yard

10 minutes later.
“Now, I will wet the towels to wipe the tables and chairs here. There are still some leaves over there. Try to clean the area.” Requested Tommy
“Got you.” Says Annie
“Here are the towels. Clean the poles with this red towel after you are done.” Requested Tommy
“I’m on my way.” Replied Annie
“There are stains on the wall. Use wet paper towel to wipe it.” Requested Tommy
(After finishing the area)
“Finally, the works are finished. So exhausted to keep everywhere clean. Now, the yard and poles are clean. Where is Tommy?” Says Annie
“Annie, are you finished? We have to pray now. We pray and kneel down multiple times for our master.” Called Tommy
(After kneeling 50 times)
“Praying is exhausted. The monks prayed 2000 times a day which is exaggerated for us. However, this helps keep our body in shape. Tomorrow will be another day.” Says Annie as she heads to her room
“You are doing well. Keep it up.” Cheered Tommy
“I feel that my heart and mind jump. Is this a signal telling me that my love is present?” Blushed Annie
(Next morning)
“Wake up, Annie; it’s time to get up.” Says a girl
“How do you know my name?” Asked Annie
“I’m Hailey. I heard you are a new member joining this event. It’s time to clean the kitchen now for the chefs to cook for us.” Says Hailey
“I will get dressed.” Says Annie
At the kitchen, every young adult is cleaning.
“Hailey, are those youths the participants for this event?” Asked Annie
“Yes, we encourage young people to experience nature.” Replied Hailey
“Hello, Annie, how is your first night?” Asked a man
“I’m good. Everyone knows me.” Says Annie
“We announced who participated in advance so we can socialize. I’m Volvo.” Says Volvo
“Pleased to meet you. We can clean the dishes now.” Says Annie
“Hello, Annie. How is the work going?” Asked Tommy
“I’m great. This really is a great place. I feel like that we are making new friends.” Says Annie
“We have to do the rinsing. My friend, Hill, also participated here, will peel the potatoes. Class is almost starting. Today, one of the staff is going to teach us how to make kimbap.” Says Tommy
“Really?! I love kimbap. I want to see how professional makes it.” Excited Annie as she rushes to rinse the dishes
During class, everyone is listening how to respect everyone, save the environment, and help others in need.
“From now on, should change itself to use proper materials. Do not waste any plastic bags, plastic bottles, and meat. Respect everyone, include enemies. Do my best to achieve my goals.” Promised Annie in seriousness
“Okay, everyone; Mr. Yao will teach us how to make kimbap at the back of the classroom. Lunch will be prepared soon.” Says Mrs. Chen
“I bet Mr. Yao will make a wonderful kimbap since he has years of experiences working as a kimbap master.” Suggested Hailey
“I’m going to make one while watching him. Annie, you want to try?” Asked Volvo
“Sure, glad to try.” Replied Annie
“You have to put the rice here and turn the seaweed like this.” Continued Mr. Yao
Everyone is making its own position. Hailey is making dango and Hill is practicing the songs for the talent show. Later, they finished the kimbap.
“Love my kimbap. Shall try it now.” Excited Annie
“I’m going to make one right now.” Excited Hailey
“Excuse me, anyone wants to sing later to practice for the talent show?” Asked Hill
“I shall do it!” Says Everyone
“Lunch is here. Let’s try our dango that we have made.” Suggested Volvo
“We will be having an hour break now. See everyone in an hour.” Announced Mrs. Chen
(Few minutes later)
“Well, I should take a rest. I’m going back to my room now. We have practiced for a long time.” Says Hill
After Hill goes back to his room, he comes back in few minutes.
“What happen, Hill? You said you want to go for a rest?” Asked Annie
“I saw this near Tommy’s bed. I took a peep at it and then read the whole page. This might be his journal.” Says Hill
“It’s not polite to look at someone’s journal.” Claimed Annie
“I know it’s rude but I found how he really feels. Don’t know whether I should talk to Tommy. Don’t want to see him do something bad to himself.” Says Hill
“Wait?! You said hurting himself?” Asked Annie as she looks at Tommy’s journal
Tommy’s latest page:
“I remember the first time I came to join this Buddhist temple, the event for young adults. I feel excited to meet new people for social. Learnt many new material from teachers. They taught me how to sing, dance, understand happiness, and nature. They are like my family. However, I feel jealous and depressed at the same time when I saw large group of students being together. When I saw the staffs inviting the members to a restaurant for dinner, I was jealous. Moreover, they let their local members worked at their restaurant and took photos together. Then, they posted it into social network, expressing they are happy being with their friends. I was happy and crying inside of me. Whenever I saw its friends celebrating with others, is making me think they are families. In fact, I really wish to have a family like this who often take me out and have fun. When I was very young, my relatives were irresponsible to take care of me. I was abused and neglected multiple times. Forced to leave my country. Until now, family is still lazy and selfish for not understanding my feeling and new changes. They rarely gave me pocket money. Other family members also hate me for doing many actions they didn’t like. They just want us to follow their ways to live instead our own. My sister also yelled at me for not getting a job because I’m useless and couldn’t do anything to help the family. Dad rarely talks to me which made me think he never care about me. He locked me out of my house for not considering I was not home. Grandparents never asked how I am. All they care is money. Mom always thinks my way is useless. In fact, I want to be unique and save animals and plants’ lives. For the members in the Buddhist temple, they said I’m great. In fact, I knew more than two languages and its country’s culture. To be honest, I kept on studying because I was very stressed from childhood. Whenever I heard someone said that I’m great, I usually didn’t believe it. I never believe that anyone will like me. Recently, when my family members and friends are asking to hang out with them to sing or eat, I almost all the time refused. The event might become bad when I’m there. Most of the time, the celebration usually brought mom and my relatives a huge stress or embarrassment from not acting the way they expected. Mom even said why she had this stupid son. When hanging out with friends, I had very few conversations. They thought I didn’t like it or might think I’m boring. From those experiences, I never went to any one of the events anymore. Whenever they asked me to hang out, I usually rejected them because their happy moment might get bad because of me. While they are celebrating, I usually stay home alone staring at walls. I think this will make them happy from not seeing me. The big family had turned into small family from the bad relationship. This is mostly that I caused a huge problem during childhood and caused a big argument. From now on, I barely speak to my relatives and do any actions because I already made them angry. A few times, I was thinking to leave this world for causing so many family problems. I almost suicide but I survived. Then, the teachers in school caused a big problem from hearing it and told my mom how I was in school. I was being too quiet and made fewer friends that time. My mom yelled at me for not being normal. In fact, I didn’t want to cause another big problem again so I’m afraid to speak and make friends. This year, I kept on cleaning, studying, writing stories, and practicing songs to avoid thinking those negative feelings. However, I still felt so depressed from seeing the members and staffs being together and working together in the same area with a family relation. I never believe this will happen to me. I couldn’t even find jobs because of my strange behaviors. I know I’m worthless because no skills. Don’t know what will happen as I become older.”
“Tommy has this type of feeling inside him? It’s not good to see him killing himself.” Says Annie
“Maybe let’s try to help him because he can’t hurt himself from being so depressed.” Suggested Hill
“I have to go find Tommy.” Says Annie
“I’m going with you because boys can understand boys’ feeling.” Suggested Hill
“There he is. He is cleaning the living room.” Called Annie
Annie goes forward to Tommy.
“Tommy, you were cleaning the whole break time?” Asked Annie
“Yes, I finished the dining room. Now, I’m cleaning the living room.” Replied Tommy
“Wow, you cleaned the dining room so clean. I could not see any dirty spot.” Cheered Hill
“I want to keep everything perfect. It’s also to impress the spirits.” Says Tommy
“Want to practice singing with us because we have to perform for the talent show soon.” Asked Annie
“Sure, I will be glad to. Wait until I clean this desk.” Says Tommy
“We shall go back to the classroom. Remember to be there.” Recommended Annie
“Okay, see you.” Called Tommy
After they return to the classroom, Hailey and Volvo are waiting at the table.
“Is the practice almost starting?” Asked Annie
“Not yet. You better return where you found this.” Required Hailey as she hands Annie Tommy’s journal
“Did you two read it?” Asked Hill
“We did not want to look at someone’s privacy but our eyes could not look away.” Says Volvo
“Please do not do any big work to help him overcome his problem because he experienced a big work from his teacher before and became more depressed.” Requested Annie
“We will not spread out a word. We have to find some ways to improve his courage. Maybe this is also the reason why he never asked to work at our staff’s kimbap restaurant or volunteer in our staff’s workplace.” Says Hailey
“I also read his previous page that he was angry that when the group is going up to the stage to perform without notifying him to come up. Luckily, he realized and came just in time. He didn’t even complaint because he didn’t want to cause the relationship to break.” Explained Hill
“I also read that the staffs made some mistakes about the event organization. However, he didn’t complaint a word from his mouth for the same reason.” Says Volvo
“I must return his journal back to his bed before he comes.” Says Hill as he rushes off
“It is time for class now. Everyone; go back to your spot.” Announced Mrs. Chen
When the time class starts, Hill came back in time and Tommy is back. Mrs. Huang is teaching the lesson.
She says: “For all our lives, we have to respect our parents. They raised us up and feed us till now. We won’t survive till where we are without them. We have to listen to our parents and take care of them when they become older. Raising a child is very difficult. They yelled at us is caring because they want us to grow up. For friends, we have to socialize to improve our self-esteem. We have to speak up to communicate. Keep on relying on itself might cause autism which can be dangerous.”
“Her words explained to me that Tommy might be in danger for being depressed.” Thought Annie
After class, Annie goes toward Tommy.
“Tommy, I want to talk to you privately. Come with me to garden.” Says Annie as they head toward the garden
“What is it?” Asked Tommy
“I think you are right about happiness. You are considerate for other people. I think Jordan and I should not be together. We are just like friends. My learning is still not enough yet. Everyone has to know what happiness is and find their own interest.” Explained Annie
“I’m glad that you think this way. I still hope you and Jordan could be good friends.” Pleased Tommy
“Being helpful for other people is good but it is not good for being too selfless. I know you are depressed for being with family members that you didn’t like. You should continue following your own way to success.” Claimed Annie
“How do you know my feeling?” Asked Tommy
“I could see from your eyes and tell. You are considerate and helpful but your emotion is the opposite from your physical action. In fact, I saw your journal. It’s not polite to do that but I cannot stop from seeing what you feel.” Says Annie
“Everyone sees that I’m silent and funny but my mind never thinks it this way.” Says Tommy
“You could share your feeling to people you trust. I know you shared it before and more negative occurrences happened. I am also following my path which is to live in countryside and have an old lifestyle. This can reduce stress for being in a city.” Says Annie
“I know that you and others are following their path to achieve. I really don’t know about my path.” Says Tommy
“You will find it. Keep learning.” Claimed Annie as she leaves the garden
“Tommy, seems like you are growing. I heard you and Annie’s conversation.” Says Hill as he comes out behind the wall at the doorway
“Why you said I’m growing?” Asked Tommy
“You like Annie. I could distinguish from your words. I also know that you already have feeling for her ever since the time you met her at the park. She described you manly and unique. She even agreed to live in the countryside and have a happy life. Since she said you are manly, be like a real man.” Replied Hill
“I don’t know about this. I could not solve my personal issue about family and friends. It’s hard to express to her that I like her for having this stuck in the middle.” Explained Tommy
“When there is someone who can help you with this, then nothing matters. Our instructors will also teach this when this topic is mentioned.” Replied Hill as he leaves
Back at the classroom, the group is playing a game. Annie, Hill, Volvo, Hailey, and other members are having fun.
“Okay, everyone; you can take some cards over there to write to anyone you want to greet and we shall send it out for you.” Announced Mrs. Chen
“Who are you writing to, Annie?” Asked Hailey
“I’m writing to Jordan to show him my answer about our relationship. Then, I’m going to write to my mom, Carlos, Rachel, and Mark.” Replied Annie
“What about that fifth card?” Asked Volvo
“This is a secret. I cannot tell you.” Says Annie
“Hey, we want to know.” Laughed Hailey as she wiggles Annie to tell her
“Put your cards in this box after you are done. Hope the person you are greeting to will know your strength.” Says Mrs. Chen
(Few days later)
“Annie, can we come to your house to see your living style?” Asked Volvo
“Okay, I bet you people just want to see my Korean living style.” Joked Annie
“Our class already finished so it’s better to give invitation to new friends.” Says Hailey
“I also want to see it.” Says Hill
“Okay, let’s go.” Replied Annie as they leave the temple When they arrived to Annie’s house
“This is my house.” Says Annie as she showed them her residence
“This is great. It’s better than mine.” Cheered Hailey
“Come in here. I have to check the mailbox.” Says Annie as she found so many letters from her mailbox
There are letters from mom, Carlos, Rachel, Mark, Jordan, and TOMMY.
Mom wrote: “You really grew up. I love your greeting. I’m happy to have you as my lovely daughter. I love you.”
Carlos wrote: “I won the drawing contest. My study is going very well. I will try my best for better impression. Hope you will also succeed.”
Rachel wrote: “Allan and I are planning to get married. Both of our families agreed and were happy for us. We shall be a happy family in the future. I hope you also go well in life. Best friend.”
Mark wrote: “Kisa and I entered a big competition for performing an acceptable show. Thank you for your support. We shall try our best. I claim you will also live fully positive in the future.”
Jordan wrote: “I know at first I just wanted us to be friends. You seem to become more mature than last time I saw you. Maybe you are right that we are like friends, not lovers. I accept your request about our separation. We are always good friends. You will friend your own man. Whenever you need help, I’m always here for you.”
“Those answers are really touchy than I expected.” Cried Annie
“My cards are the same. My relatives and friends really got touched from receiving our cards.” Says Hailey
“Tommy also wrote to you. That means the fifth card you wrote was for Tommy?!” Says Volvo
“Read it.” Claimed Hill as Annie reads the letter
Tommy wrote: “Your words are right. I finally decide to follow my path to reach my goal. I am being very unique and depressed at the same time. Whenever I saw friends were having good moment and achieve their goals, I felt happy for them and sad at the same time. This is because I’m jealous for not having what they have. To be honest, this is just my interest for getting what they had. People should be unique to be themselves instead copying other people. I will try my best to achieve. In fact, I want to explain to you about something. There is a invitation card attach to the back of this letter.”
Annie turned over the letter and found there is a small paper attach on the back.
“He wants to see you at the park where you and he first met. The date and time is tomorrow at noon.” Says Hill as he sees the paper
“Seems like it’s what I think it is.” Giggled Hailey
(Next day)
Annie goes to the park where Tommy and she first met. When she arrives, Tommy is sitting at the bench where they sat during the time they first met.
“Tommy, I’m here. I saw your invitation.” Says Annie
“Here, I bought a box of fried noodle for you with no spice.” Says Tommy as he hands her the noodle
“This is the same taste as the time we first met.” Smiled Annie as she ate
“From seeing your greeting card, I do think I have to face my life problem. You also explained your feeling to people you liked and got your responses back. Since you and I have the same interest and feeling, I want to explain something to you.” Says Tommy
“What is it?” Asked Annie as she thinks it could be what she thinks
“I love you. Ever since the first time we met in here and study together, I already had feeling for you. Will you be with me?” Asked Tommy
“I do not mine that your personality doesn’t fit my requirements. When there is love, nothing matters. I also loved you ever since we are friends. Yes, I accept your request.” Replied Annie as they hugged together which represent they will stay together from now on
“They really fit. I knew it, Tommy’s plan is this.” Claimed Hailey hiding being the trees with Volvo and Hill
“What did Annie wrote that made Tommy do this?” Asked Volvo
“I have Annie’s greeting card. I went to Tommy’s house yesterday and saw he putted her card in his journal. I took a photo of it. Look.” Replied Hill as he shows them Annie’s card
Annie wrote: “You felt happy and sad at the same time for seeing your friends having a wonderful moment and achieved their goals. This is like jealousness. Is it better to copy them or make up your own goal? Everyone is different and should choose which style fits for them. If people are the same, it will be weird. We want to copy other successes people to feel good for ourselves. In fact, it will bring negatives comments from surroundings. I was also depressed before. However, I never gave up. I could not make Jordan like me so I feel bad. When he accepted my request, I felt very satisfied. Now, I regret and found we are just like friends. It is time for us to think whether the path we choose really will not cause regrets. People will understand for continue learning about nature and happiness. For me, I don’t mind individual has depressed life. I shall always help the individual to solve its problem and live positively. Now, I have found my real romantic feeling. You know who.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say U Love Me - Part 2

The Teddy Bear - Episode 3

Say U Love Me - Part 1