I Wish

"Joshua! Breakfast is ready." Called mom from downstairs
" Coming." Replied Joshua
He finished his assignment. Joshua woke up early and finish it because it is due today. He had hard time answering the questions because he couldn't understand his professor teaching. Because she talk too fast and made students read the book on their own since she taught very little.
"Your breakfast is on the table. I have to prepare our lunch." Said mom
"Mom, can we have something different. We have been eating the same food for weeks. I'm tired of buns." Complained Joshua
"I don't know how to make it. Tell me so I will go buy it." Replied mom
"Are you just lazy and won't learn? It's very easy to make French toast." Gasped Joshua
"I'm old already. You should learn how to cook." Said mom
"You always use this as an excuse. Kept on using ages. You even called me old when I was 18. Some elderly also learn how to drive at age 45." Angered Joshua
"Don't talk to me like that. I don't know how to use technology was our brain can't function like we do during youth. This is natural." Replied mom
"Then stop comparing me to someone who is more educated than I. Everyone is different and function differently. Knowing the basics are not hard. At least, learn the basics." Said Joshua
"You have no right to order me. I cook for you and raise you up. If you have these excuse, then earn $2000 every week." Yelled mom
"You compared me to people who are the minorities again. If complained I am wasting your money, then I won't eat your food and stay outside often." Yelled Joshua
"You are being childish again. I admit you have mental disorder. You have to go see a psychologist!" Ordered mom
"Why would a mom said its own child is mentally ill?! You kept on saying this. People tel other people to see a psychologist should be the one who's mentally ill and see the psychologist!" Yelled Joshua, then leaves the house without eating breakfast
Joshua and his family members are not getting very well. Ever since childhood, he received poor parenting from child abuse and child neglect. His parents are not educated and asked their children to translate and do most of the work. Joshua agrees to help them with these but they usually gave bad feedback for saying he's not doing well enough. Their requirements are very high and barely gave positive feedback. This distressed him for doing so much work and earned abuse and neglect. Relatives even called him stupid for acting different. Joshua was Americanised so he is acting normal for the Americans. His parents even said he won't be educated and will fail. Whenever he did an artwork, nobody would look at it and threw it away and said he's too childish. Now, Joshua is a college student and have difficulty living his life.
"I hate being part of the family. Living is to suffer. I hate college because the advisors and professors are not doing their work properly for making too much mistakes which caused confusion on learning and misleading for tutor and tuition." Depressed Joshua
"Joshua." Called Candy
"Hello, Candy." Replied Joshua
"There is going to be a festival in college today. It's for Chinese New Year." Said Candy
"That's great. I will go." Said Joshua
"What about your club? It begins on the same day and time." Said Candy
"I don't like how the school is organising it like this. I am so frustrated now." Cried Joshua
"You can choose which one." Said Candy
"Since you also participate in this club, you mind taking care first half of the club? I will come later." Requested Joshua
"Okay, if you couldn't make it, notify me." Replied Candy
"You can see it in Instagram if you also want to see it." Joked Joshua
"Okay, okay, I do this is for you. Have fun." Replied Candy
Joshua went to the auditorium and see the festival is about to get started. There are snacks and drinks on the table. He went to grab some refreshments.
"These cookies are tasty. I like these cupcakes, sodas, and ..." Excited Joshua
"You like this event?" Asked a student
"Yes, I like Chinese holidays. These snacks really filled me because I didn't ate lunch." Replied Joshua
"Have more. They provide it is to let us enjoy their hard work for establishing this club." Giggled the student
"What's your name?" Asked Joshua
"I'm Marco. What's yours?" Asked Marco
"I'm Joshua. You also like Chinese festivals?" Asked Joshua
"Yes, it is related to my culture." Replied Marco
"Your culture? What's your ethnicity?" Asked Joshua
"I'm half Thai and half German." Replied Marco
"You spend most of your time in America? Your accent is very American." Smiled Joshua
"I was born here. I did travelled to other countries. Where are you from?" Asked Marco
"I'm from here. I grew up here. (My parents are Chinese but I'm an American)" Replied Joshua
"It's a good moment that we can spend our time here. I also keep track of many Asian American community." Said Marco
"(He is polite for not asking what I'm really from. Since I got asked all the time. Asian Americans do understand each others' ethnic problems)" Thought Joshua
"The lion dance is starting!" Excited Marco
They watch the lion dancing and grabbing the cabbage on a fishing rod.
"Seems like I have to go soon. I have my club waiting for me." Said Joshua
"What club you do?" Asked Marco
Joshua told Marco all about his club. It's an organisation to teach people about life and how to keep themselves less stress from nature. They also have many activities for students to enjoy and be happy.
"That's great. I can bring my friends and help out someday. What's your Facebook? You have Instagram?" Said Marco
After giving each others' contact information, Joshua went to his club. When he arrives, Candy is presenting the PowerPoint. He enters and help out. During the activities, students were writing cards. While writing, Candy talks to Joshua.
"How is the club? You made an Instagram video?" Asked Candy
"Yes, I just posted it. I met new friends. It is true that us youths have to explore around to develop knowledge and happiness." Said Joshua
After the club, they clean up and go to their next plan. After Joshua finishes his school schedule, he plans to go eat at a restaurant. While walking, he is going into a French store to order some escargots, lean beef, tomato soup, and oyster. When he enters the store, he sees his friend, Carmen, waiting at a table. He went to sit with her.
"Hello, Carmen, what a coincidence." Said Joshua
"Hello, Joshua, you just finish school?" Asked Carmen
"Yes, those classes are driving me crazy. I don't like those professors, talking so fast and tell us to read the book." Complained Joshua
"Colleges are all like this. Find ways to pass the course." Replied Carmen
Joshua orders his meal. Carmen has her meal served by the waitress.
"You order a meat loaf, mocha jelly, fries, and chicken breasts. Wish that we could trade." Joked Joshua
"You can have my jelly; since you're jealous." Joked Carmen
"Hey, I need that." Laughed Joshua, then his meal was served
"Are you still planning to spend less time in that community?" Asked Carmen
"Well, I plan to go back again. Just spend less time with those people who are not my ethnics. Since they've disrespect my current status. Using discriminatory actions. Ever since I reduce my time going, my emotion became depressed again. I still want to study how to deal with life stress." Replied Joshua
"You should do that. Find what is bothering you and learn to manage it." Said Carmen
"For the school purpose, I will learn to transfer to foreign countries. Going to Asia is cheaper than western countries." Said Joshua
"It's good to explore around the world and have the opportunity to learn." Said Carmen
"I might tour around Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore. They are very open to foreigners." Said Joshua
After eating, Carmen has a plan so she leaves the restaurant. After Joshua is done, he leaves the restaurant and head home. Even he doesn't like to go home. He went to meet his friend, Ken. There is going to be a night party at college and Ken is preparing his station at the school gym. When Joshua arrives, Ken is at the fitness centre working out. Joshua got changed and exercise at the centre since he wants to lose some calories.
"Hello, Ken, seem like you finished preparing your station for the night party." Applauded Joshua
"Early start gets effective outcomes." Said Ken
"I saw your social media and blog. Seems like you plan to stay here rather than going back to your home country." Said Joshua
"I couldn't succeed in my country and I could live normally in here." Said Ken
"Younger generations often dislike where they came from and their family." Stated Joshua
"My goal is not to earn more money. My goal is to live steady and obtain happiness. Even we work hard by having stress and really earn high income; one day, it will all be gone. We have lives and we can't take away money after we die. Even we have so much money but we have to continue working so hard to keep up the investment will means there will be a splinter on us forever. Boring life means there is nothing stressful so we can live with mind and body peace until death." Said Ken
"That is true. Being rich can get all we want but we still don't feel happy. Not many people will truly be with us. We want to be with people who truly have relation with us." Replied Joshua
"Hello, Ken, Joshua." Said Andy, their friend
"Hello, Andy, you are here for bodybuilding again?" Asked Joshua
"Yes, this is my hobby." Replied Andy
"How did you get that V size abdominal?" Asked Joshua
"I can show you. Like this..." Instructing Joshua and Ken about his tip on bodybuilding
Andy is a bodybuilding coach. He teaches about weight lifting, health nutrients, fitness, swimming, gymnasium, and sports. After 3 hours, they went to take a shower from swimming. After the shower, Ken is going to take a rest and then prepare for the night party. Joshua went to grab a glass bottle of milk and use the massage chair to rest.
"You will definitely gain muscle for keeping this up." Cheered Andy sitting next to him on a massage chair
"Have you think about finding someone you love?" Asked Joshua
"No, I want to find one but match my personality and understands my feeling." Claimed Andy
"I saw you are chatting with many women." Asked Joshua
"Finding a lover is not easy. We have to find the right one that can be with us forever and won't cause divorce." Requested Andy
"This is true. It take time to see whether the person match us." Said Joshua
15 minutes before the night party is starting, Ken woke up and start preparing his station on selling Southeast Asian street food. Joshua and Andy help out. During the event, there were many customers purchasing and seeing the show on stage.
"Joshua, Andy, you two have to perform later on stage. Your turn is almost up." Reminded Ken
"Oh yeah, we have to get ready. We don't want our hard work on practicing the dance be use for nothing." Claimed Joshua
They got to the dressing room and get ready for their performance. They are dancing the lotus style dance. When their turn is up, they were nervous. Other members is the same. They inhale and exhale to overcome the nervousness. When the director announces the next group, Joshua and his members all came out. He saw Ken, Carmen, Candy, and Marco watching. He remembers that he has the opportunity to learn so he could do it. When there is an opportunity, we have to use it to keep learning and take actions. Then, he face up and perform on what he practiced.
"Go, the lotus team!" Shouted the audiences
Joshua feels proud for being on the show from his hard work. He learned that hard work pays off. Being considerate is worth our life. After they're done, everyone gave them applause.
"That was great." Cheered Ken to Joshua
"I should learn from you." Smiled Candy
"I want to watch more." Excited Carmen
"Your practice is really worth it." Stated Marco
"We can build a great team." Applauded Andy
"Working together as a team is our ambition." Cheered Joshua
After having fun at the night party, Joshua return home. His parents were already sleeping. Before going to bed, Joshua checks his phone for emails. Then, there was an email saying that he was offered a scholarship. He was so excited. In the next few weeks, he will leave his family and study in foreign country. He hopes his family can take care of themselves while he was gone.
(Next Morning)...
"Joshua, breakfast is ready." Shouted mom as he comes downstairs
"Mom, I will be leaving soon because I was offered a scholarship." Said Joshua
"Where are you going?" Asked mom
"Singapore. I will also study around Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Jakarta, Manila, Hong Kong, Taipei, and Tokyo. I also participated in SSEAYP." Replied Joshua
"Make sure you take care of your body and don't get involve in serious troubles." Earned mom
"We can use video chat to keep track." Claimed Joshua
"I have to learn to use technology." Said mom
"I can teach you." Replied Joshua
"Haven't heard that in a long time. The last time you teach me English was when you're a child." Said mom
In the afternoon, Joshua went to his community. He will try to communicate with his members to develop relations. Even they don't communicate with him, it might be because it take time for them to get use to different ethnic individual.
"Hello, Sara, I have a question. I heard you are from Singapore. I want to know some methods being there." Asked Joshua
After Sara explains the culture and rules, she ask what's his goal.
"My goal is to travel around the world and explore different cultures. Have the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge to improve my skills. This way, I can use my skills to create entertainment and help others. Want to share my experience to people that being angry at parents will make the situation more worse. Their words might be negative but know us more than anyone. They yell at us is caring. We have to manage the mean comments and encourage to work harder. Life has many stress. Have the opportunity to practice and take actions on what we learn. Doing it can also help us learn. This brings success. Even people ignored us because we are different. Still try to communicate with them to let them get use to us and one day, it will be real friends. If couldn't solve problems, finds ways for help and keep finding ways to get our answer." Finished Joshua
"You grew a lot. If there is an opportunity, go for it. First step towards success comes from here." Stated Sara
THE END

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Say U Love Me - Part 2

The Teddy Bear - Episode 3

Say U Love Me - Part 1